Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 2120 corruption

contactTWNS
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 2120 corruption

I made the mistake of attempting to update firmware 6.1.8 to 6.9.0 without following the required step up 6.3.5 > 6.5.2 > 6.9.0, didn't notice the requirement until it was too late. I'm attempting to do a factory reset but its not picking up a DHCP address, the port is configured properly and I tried both LAN1 & 2 to no avail. Any suggestions on what I should attempt next in order to get the device back up and running again?

Model: RN2120|ReadyNAS 2120 1U 4-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

Re: ReadyNAS 2120 corruption

You might get better, and quicker, help if you posted in the right forum section:

ReadyNAS Network Storage - NETGEAR Communities

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
contactTWNS
Aspirant

I'm attempting the USB recovery tool option now but the instructions don't match what happens on our system. I prepared the thumbdrive and when I follow step 2 below it takes me to a boot menu which does not include booting to USB. Should I hold down the reset button longer? I've released it when I see the Error,LAN1,LAN2 lights blinking

https://kb.netgear.com/23454/How-do-I-access-the-boot-menu-on-my-ReadyNAS-2120-storage-system

To boot your rack-mount model ReadyNAS from USB:

1. Insert the prepared USB drive into any available USB port.
  2. Press and hold the Reset button. Power on the ReadyNAS system and continue to hold the Reset button for up to 15 seconds, depending on your ReadyNAS model.
    • If your ReadyNAS has an LCD, hold the Reset button until the LCD confirms that the ReadyNAS is in USB Recovery mode.
    • On the ReadyNAS 2120, hold the Reset button until the LEDs begin blinking rapidly, after about 5 to 10 seconds.
Model: ReadyNASRND2120|ReadyNAS Duo 2TB (2 X 1TB)
Message 2 of 4

You might get better, and quicker, help if you posted in the right forum section:

ReadyNAS Network Storage - NETGEAR Communities

Message 3 of 4
contactTWNS
Aspirant

I contacted support and due to the firmware issue a replacement device was the only solution

Model: ReadyNASRNDP2110|ReadyNAS Pro 2 1TB (1 x 1TB Enterprise)
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7