× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

The seems to be dead, has worked for many years what can I do?

blinke
Aspirant

The seems to be dead, has worked for many years what can I do?

This NAS has served me and my church for many years, a few weeks ago I did an update to the firmware and all seemed to be OK, last week I went to access it and couldn't any longer see it on the network listing, so went to it and it wasn't on, so pressed the button and nothing tried a different outlet still dead? What can I do, there is a lot of sermons and video's?

Thanks

Bill

Model: ReadyNASRND4425|ReadyNAS NV+ 1TB (4 X 250GB)
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: The seems to be dead, has worked for many years what can I do?

It sounds like the power supply failed.

You have a couple of options

Netgear's current equivalent to the NV+ is the RN214.  It is much faster, supports much larger disks, and has a lot of features that aren't in your NV+.  US street price is about $400 at the moment.

Message 2 of 5
blinke
Aspirant

Hi and thanks,

I would be very comfortable to replace the PSU, where do I get it and what pins need to be changed, do you have a step by step instruction?

Otherwise if I want to replace the unit to the one you suggested, is it simple that all I need to do is plug in the old drives and everything will work?

Thanks

Bill

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@blinke wrote:

if I want to replace the unit to the one you suggested, is it simple that all I need to do is plug in the old drives and everything will work?

No.  Read tje migration link I posted earlier.

@blinke wrote:

I would be very comfortable to replace the PSU, where do I get it and what pins need to be changed, do you have a step by step instruction?

@Sandshark is a good resource on this (and has done this procedure).  He's posted on this several times, including here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Hardware-Compatibility/Inexpensive-power-supply-replacemen...  Hopefully he will chime in.

The pinout information is here: https://www.readynas.com/download/archive/pdf/ReadyNAS_PSU_pinout.pdf

I think this supply will fit (though the newegg price seems expensive) - https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151089  

Message 4 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

That's the wrong style power supplpy.  Go to the referenced on to find the type you need.  Note that some don't have a long eough cord, so you'll need an extension in addition to swapping the pins.  Since I started that thread, I have found that some available flex ATX supplies have an identical chassis to the original, so you can disable the fan and swap top covers to make installation easier.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements