× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AMA - Ask Us Anything About ReadyNAS and You Could Win a ReadyNAS 214!

LCATech
Aspirant

Sorry for the lack of details on my part.  For the backup job on trying not to get an error report, it is on a ReadyNAS 4220, running firmware 6.8.0.

Thanks,

David

Message 201 of 218
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@LCATech wrote:

Sorry for the lack of details on my part.  For the backup job on trying not to get an error report, it is on a ReadyNAS 4220, running firmware 6.8.0.

You could add this/upvote it in the Ideas Exchange

Message 202 of 218
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Aquila76 wrote:
Can you run a RAID 1 0 array with this? What's the recommended largest drive for this layout?

Yes. You can use disks on our compatibility list. We have a range of ReadyNAS models suited for a variety of different needs. What would you be using the NAS for?

Message 203 of 218
Aquila76
Tutor

I would primarily use it as a multi-point HD media (FLAC, HD & UHD) storage server for on- and off-site use
Message 204 of 218
makman116
Aspirant

Does the 3 year warranty on the chassis cover everything except the SSDs? 

Does this model support 4K encoding?

Message 205 of 218
wellbuttie
Aspirant

@mdgm wrote:

@wellbuttie wrote:

Are there any Apps compatible with ReadyNas that allow the normalisation / compression and/or pre EQ of music audio file stored before transport to an AVR?

What are you trying to achieve? Drop them in a special directory for automated conversion or manually select files to be converted? Or maybe even run a scheduled task over his music library? Are you wanting to keep the originals or remove them?...

Hi mdgm,

Many thanks for your response.

The objective is to "enhance" the perceived sound (signal)from the Music files prior to transport to my AVR (without either changing the original file, nor having to use software to manually edit each individual music file).

For Example, in the live environment I can route the signal from by guitar through a signal processor, which is then fed to an amplifier.

When listening to (128kbps) streaming radio via my AVR the sound quality appears to have a "fuller" sound, than when I am streaming (24bit/96kHz) WAV or Flac files from my readyNas, to the same AVR. I was wondering if there was a way to route the audio signal through a ReadyNas compatible App, that would apply audio "enhancements", to the digital signal prior to transport to the AVR (Similar to what the Internet Radio stations do to enhance their perceived audio quality).

Many thanks

Steve

Message 206 of 218
ktngandhi
Aspirant

Can this ReadyNAS completely eliminate the modem and router in my house?

Message 207 of 218
ktngandhi
Aspirant

Can this be used as router?

Message 208 of 218
voodoogts
Aspirant

No.  It's a NAS.

Message 209 of 218
voodoogts
Aspirant

No.  This product is a NAS.  Network attached storage.

(NAS) is a type of dedicated file storage device that provides local-area network local area network (LAN) nodes with file-based shared storage through a standard Ethernet connection.

Message 210 of 218
rajee
Aspirant

Does it need to create user name and password to Create a private, secure personal cloud?

Model: ReadyNASRN12G1230v2|ReadyNAS 4200v2 36TB (12 X 3TB Enterprise)
Message 211 of 218
CoachTed
Aspirant

I deal with a non-tech spouse...very non-tech!

Is it possible to set the NAS and her android phone up so any new pictures/contacts/documents are automatically dumped into some default folder nightly? Would save me a ton of aggrevation...she's accidently deleted vacation photos twice in the last 6 months.

Message 212 of 218
Guide

Hi 

Natürlich mit der Readycloud App .

mfg 3100

Message 213 of 218
BretD
Admin

Update 8/29 - The AMA Period is now closed. Thank you to everyone for submitting their questions about ReadyNAS.

Message 214 of 218
voodoogts
Aspirant

Thank you

Message 215 of 218
StaticFX
Tutor

Seeing as odds are, I wont win this beauty lol.. If I just need a simple NAS that i can backup pictures and such remotely, which model would you suggest?

Thanks!

Message 216 of 218
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@makman116 wrote:

Does the 3 year warranty on the chassis cover everything except the SSDs? 

It's a limited hardware warranty. You can read more here. SSDs would be covered by the SSD manufacturer's warranty. Though if you're wanting to get the most out of SSDs one would think you'd be best served by looking at a more powerful ReadyNAS unit in our range.

@makman116 wrote:

Does this model support 4K encoding?

This model won't transcode 4K video. If you need to transcode 4k video then you'd need a more powerful model. If you just need to stream a video as is then that's a different matter.

Message 217 of 218
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@rajee wrote:

Does it need to create user name and password to Create a private, secure personal cloud?

You can use the same account you use to access this community and to register your products for support with ReadyCLOUD. Each user will need their own login.

Message 218 of 218
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7