Highlighted
Admin

DOCSIS 3.1 – How NETGEAR is Blazing the Trail to Gigabit speeds over Cable Internet – NETGEAR Blog

c7800-002-600x314[1].jpgComcast and other providers are upgrading their systems to allow up to Gigabit Internet speeds over cable. Are you ready for the speed boost? In our latest Connected Home blog writer and Director of Product Management, Ravindra Bhilave explains the technology and introduces our two blazing fast solutions.

The Netgear CM1000 DOCSIS® 3.1 Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem and the integrated solution Nighthawk X4S C7800 DOCSIS® 3.1 Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem and WiFi Router. DOCSIS 3.1 is backward compatible, so even if your provider does not have DOCSIS 3.1 yet, these modems can improve your speeds, especially on congested networks.

Check out on the Netgear Connections blog.

Have you updated to DOCSIS 3.1, or are planning to? Let us know in the comments below.

Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: DOCSIS 3.1 – How NETGEAR is Blazing the Trail to Gigabit speeds over Cable Internet – NETGEAR Bl

That is quite impressive. What I do hope, is that despite whatever agreements have ever been made in Washington, that the latest router modem, continues as to provide full anonymous VPN/Tor access. I also hope, that full support for TLS 1.3, DNS encryption, allowing people to protect their communications from man in the middle, man on the side snooping, and spying. I also

hope that a more powerful antenna was included, to boost the range of 5Ghz. Anyone that lives in a 2 story house knows that plaster, unshielded wiring, and everything from vacuum cleaners to microwaves, can degrade the connection. I also hope, that with the greater care being requested by consumers, that the router modem is Energy Star rated. We need to use less energy, not more. Instead of squandering our native resources, we should be protecting them. I can also hope that Netgear can join in with Linksys, and other tech companies, to help push Apple and Android to drop support of the messy insecure security orders of secure connections. Even on iOS 11, or Android Oreo, there is still no ability to block any connection that isn't at least TLS 1.1, preferably TLS 1.2 and later. People don't realize just how damaging meta data can be to anyone's life, since that information is seen from a outside perspective with no context. Instead of spying on each other, we should be respecting people's privacy, and embrace individual freedom. Likewise, big tech companies, from Microsoft, to Google, to Apple, and more, need to stand up and say enough is enough. Close and eliminate backdoor universal access to our communications. Skype, Hangouts, Google+, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, etc., need to fix this mess. The app Signal by Open Whisper Sytems, while not perfect, is miles ahead of all of them. It shows privacy, and freedom can be protected, at minimal effort. There is zero reason why "free" services, cannot enable OpenPGP, and Off the Record Messaging, cannot be offers and included. Keep up the great work. I hope we see a brighter and better future, not a darker one.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements