× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router – Gigabit WiFi on the Go – AT&T Networks

BretD
Admin

Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router – Gigabit WiFi on the Go – AT&T Networks

22859677_10155382457943705_6246265191530615486_o[1].jpgThe wait is over! Experience fast premium WiFi on the go, with the Nighthawk Mobile Hotspot Router on AT&T. You can take it with you! The Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router is your ultimate mobile router. Now you can do anything you can do at home virtually anywhere you go. It’s battery powered router with Dual-Band Wifi 2.4/5GHz allowing up to 20 devices to connect to it.
Nighthawk® LTE Mobile Hotspot Router
Model: MR1100

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
• Max 1 Gbps download speeds & 150 Mbps upload speeds
• LTE CAT 16, 4-band CA and 4x4 MIMO
• Up to 4X Carrier Aggregation and LLA
• LTE/4G 1/2/3/4/5/7/12/29/30/66
• 3G 2/4/5 

PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
• Dimensions: 105.5 (L) x 105.5 (W) x 20.35 (H) mm
• Weight: 240 g (with battery)
• Battery: 5040mAh for up to 24 hours of use*
*24 hour battery life is achieved by the following worst case: stream YouTube for 1 hour followed by 30 minutes idle time and then repeat for over 24 hours

Do you have any questions for us about the Nighthawk LTE? Our experts would love to help if you leave a comment below. 

Message 1 of 27
seanwang
Initiate

Re: Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router – Gigabit WiFi on the Go – AT&T Networks

Do you know where else i can buy this beside att.com?

22859677_10155382457943705_6246265191530615486_o[1].jpgThe wait is over! Experience fast premium WiFi on the go, with the Nighthawk Mobile Hotspot Router on AT&T. You can take it with you! The Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router is your ultimate mobile router. Now you can do anything you can do at home virtually anywhere you go. It’s battery powered router with Dual-Band Wifi 2.4/5GHz allowing up to 20 devices to connect to it.
Nighthawk® LTE Mobile Hotspot Router
Model: MR1100

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
• Max 1 Gbps download speeds & 150 Mbps upload speeds
• LTE CAT 16, 4-band CA and 4x4 MIMO
• Up to 4X Carrier Aggregation and LLA
• LTE/4G 1/2/3/4/5/7/12/29/30/66
• 3G 2/4/5 

PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
• Dimensions: 105.5 (L) x 105.5 (W) x 20.35 (H) mm
• Weight: 240 g (with battery)
• Battery: 5040mAh for up to 24 hours of use*
*24 hour battery life is achieved by the following worst case: stream YouTube for 1 hour followed by 30 minutes idle time and then repeat for over 24 hours

Do you have any questions for us about the Nighthawk LTE? Our experts would love to help if you leave a comment below. 

Message 2 of 27
argondick
Tutor

Current issue being experienced with the M1:

When I have the device connected to a laptop, no battery, and plugged in using the included power adapter, the M1 will power-cycle frequently.  

On a Win7 PC this power-cycle occurs 1-2 every 8 hours.  On a Mac running High Sierra, it occurs every 1-2 minutes.

Resolution so far is to put the battery back in, disconnect from the power cable, and continue to use ethernet.  

Bad power cable?

Message 3 of 27
BretD
Admin

That definitely sounds like a power-cable issue. You should open a support ticket. Good luck!

Message 4 of 27
argondick
Tutor

Sharing this update for awareness:

I submitted a trouble-ticket and was told that my device was constructed specifically for AT&T and I needed to take it back for an exchange to the nearest AT&T store.  Not having that time available, I attempted other fixes.

I ended up seeing success by using the included power cable and plugging that USB into a 3rd-party USB cover plate - the kind you can pick-up at any hardware store and plugs into a standard outlet to provide a dual-USB charging platform.  The particular device I'm using has 2 - 2.5v chargers and has been powering the M1 for 4 days straight now, without any power-cycling.

I did try various other chargers to determine if that was my cause, including a: 2.5v stand-alone, a 5.0v stand-alone, a 10w and 12.5w stand-alone - but all ended up power-cycling the device after a random period of time.

Not sure why the dual-USB outlet module works, but it has and continues to keep the device powered without a battery installed.

Message 5 of 27
Knot2Shabby
Aspirant

How do you reset the password from the factory supplied password to one that you would rather use?

Message 6 of 27
argondick
Tutor

You have 2 options:

1. Download the Netgear App via the Google store or iPhone App store.  Once installed, you'll have to connect to your Netgear Wifi with the admin credentials and then you can change the Administrative password.

2. Connect to the Netgear Wifi and navigate via web browser to ATTWIFIMANAGER.com or 192.168.1.1 and get to the web console.  After logging in with the default admin crednetials, you can then modify the password as needed.

Message 7 of 27
Knot2Shabby
Aspirant

Thank you.

Yes, I did that yesterday at the AT&T store when I bought the Nighthawk, and I used the app while there (sales person wasn't helpful) to enter a password I can remember. Got home hooked everything up (this little devil is much faster than my old AT&T Netgear wifi) but the device still wants me to use the password it came with. Got on my desktop computer, went to the online site, did the "admin" thing by going to settings, entered my new password, clicked on save at the bottom and still no luck.

I've done this 6 times since last night and one time this morning with no luck in setting up a new password for the Nighthawk. 

Message 8 of 27
argondick
Tutor

I saw this a couple of times initially, using the web browser, but eventually the new password stuck once I used the smartphone app.  

I did find that using the smartphone app appeared to have more consistent results compated to the web browser (I chalk it up to the differences in how each browser - Safari, Firefox, Chrome, handles forms), but it sounds like in your case the changes aren't being applied correctly.

Can you confirm your last statement ("... 6 times since last night ...") was this with the web browser or smartphone app?

Message 9 of 27
Knot2Shabby
Aspirant

Still no luck in getting the main password set (via app on my iPhone 7 Plus running IOS 11.3 nor using my desktop computer) to what I want, but I was able to establish a "guest password" which now allows me to use my wireless printer and some other items. 

Thanks for your help.

Message 10 of 27
ProTint
Aspirant

i want to use this on my existing wired network.  i cannot find any documtation on how to do this?

Message 11 of 27
candelas1
Aspirant

witch app? i am having the same problem want to change the passwork but cant figure out how to

Message 12 of 27
Jmcnelley88
Initiate

How does one go about changing the NAT to open?
Message 13 of 27
Enginerd1516
Aspirant

Having trouble with my xbox live connectivity.  I can connect ok, but the IP comes in as IPV4 and a Strict NAT Type.  I would like to know if it is possible to adjust the Nighthawk settings to make the NAT Type either open or moderate.  Also, is it possible to make the router IPV6?

Message 14 of 27
911grizzly
Aspirant

Two questions:

Is this mobile hotspot available (in the USA) only through AT&T, or if not which other carriers is it compatible?  Related question:  can it be purchased in an unlocked version?

Will this device work with the Netgear Smart Cradle DC 112A?

Message 15 of 27
argondick
Tutor

There is a Great Britain variety, but unsure of the carrier. Additionally, I have seen mention that the device accepts a T-Mobile SIM and will attach to that network.
You can buy an unsubsidized model through AT&T, then request the unlock code through their website. Usually within 48 hours, you’ll receive an emailed unlock code that can be entered.
Message 16 of 27
argondick
Tutor

Also - not sure about the cradle. I bought the Netgear TS-9 antenna and hooked it up to the Netgear via exposed antenna ports. Used Ethernet to connect to an Apple AirPort Extreme and it works well enough.
Message 17 of 27
911grizzly
Aspirant

That’s helpful, thanks!

Can anyone tell me about compatibility with the cradle?  I need the cradle to boost the output (big house) and to connect to an external antenna (remote area).

Message 18 of 27
mtcsox
Aspirant

How can I find out the individual data usage of the connected devices.  Showing 3GB of data usage in 30 minutes - want to know what device is the culprit.

Message 19 of 27
Wandaa21
Aspirant

So I purchased the Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot from AT&T, the manager there informed me this was best hotspot to by for gaming which is why I bought it, so my son could play with his friends on his XBox, but now I can NOT seem to get the NAT off of STRICT.... can anyone help me with this..... AT&T is not help, after 2 hours, and another 2 hours with Microsoft, they both said it is a firewall within NEtGEAR....  

Message 20 of 27
911grizzly
Aspirant

I bought this unit from AT&T, requested and received the unlocking code.  AT&T also provided this helpful advice:  " Unlock instructions:   Contact your manufacturer if you have additional questions."

I found the Netgear User manual for this device (80+ pages), but it does not appear to contain any unlocking instructions.  I submitted an email support ticket to Netgear for help (not easy to do by the way, the website is not user friendly) and I'm waiting to hear back.

Message 21 of 27
Wandaa21
Aspirant

Thank you! I spoke with AT&T store today, and He recommended I hook it up to a router and then hard wire it to the Xbox, to see if that works!! I will try and get an unlock code from AT&T! It shouldn't be this difficult......
Message 22 of 27
gflynt
Aspirant

ok, I read through a LOT of post and cannot seem to get a consensus on this. I've tried others brand like Franklin but usually quits in two or three days. Tried everything including taking out battery. Going to give this one a try but really need to feel like it's going to work especially with a contract involved. This is the ATT one Thank in advance for your help.

Message 23 of 27
Gdgtgrl
Aspirant

I purchased the Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router, MR1100, from AT&T. The first unit started powering down ramdomly after using it a few days. I have it set to not go to sleep. To get it to turn back on, I need to pop the battery out, put it back together and then press the power button to restart. I exchanged the unit on the 14th day for a new one. It started out fine and after a bout a week, It is again powering down unexpectedly and I need to remove/ reinsert the battery to get it to reboot. The frequency of power offs is increasing. Any ideas? I checked for updates and it is on the current software version available.

Message 24 of 27
MelanieM1
Initiate

When we can expect  a new Firmware for the M1 with fixes?

So long time ago since last Update and Support don´t answer that question.

currently Version 12.02.07.00  the lastest Version for   Nighthawk M1 Aircard MR1100-100EUS.

Thanks

Message 25 of 27
Discussion stats
  • 26 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 14 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7