× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

COMPLETE: Planned Community System Maintenance August 29th - Posts/Replies Will be Disabled

BretD
Admin

COMPLETE: Planned Community System Maintenance August 29th - Posts/Replies Will be Disabled

Update: 8/29/2018 - 6:30AM PST

Matienence is complete for the NETGEAR Community Forums.

Please note that visiting an Arlo link will redirect you the Arlo Community Forum.

Update: 8/30/2018 - Arlo and NETGEAR communities are separated, you will need to log in separately. Learn More>

Heads up Arlo and NETGEAR family! In order to roll-out some maintenance upgrades, the NETGEAR and Arlo communities will be temporarily unavailable during the early morning of August 29th. During the first several hours of the maintenance upgrade, the site may be unavailable. After that time, the site will be in read-only mode for a period of several days. You will still be able to search and browse posts and content to find answers, however, the ability to perform actions such as post, reply, private message, or give kudos will be disabled. This will only affect the community sites, and not your Arlo or NETGEAR device functionality. For support during this time, please see our More Resources section below.

More Resources:

NETGEAR Support & Arlo Support

NETGEAR on Facebook, Twitter & Reddit

NETGEAR Business on Facebook

Arlo Smart Home on Facebook and Twitter

Related NETGEAR & Arlo Press Release

Message 1 of 20

Accepted Solutions
BretD
Admin

Re: Planned Community System Maintenance August 29th - Posts/Replies Will be Disabled

Please note that visiting an Arlo link will redirect you the Arlo Community Forum.

View solution in original post

Message 19 of 20

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Planned Community System Maintenance Mid-July - Posts/Replies Will be Disabled

Thanks for the info. I would love to kudo, but my click is not accepted by the system.

Message 2 of 20
BretD
Admin

Re: Planned Community System Maintenance Mid-July - Posts/Replies Will be Disabled

Weird that you cannot Kudos. I've sent you a PM.

Thanks!

-Bret

Message 3 of 20
ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

Why not do the work during the least forum used days and hours like on weekends and at night times?

Message 4 of 20
heng
Initiate

hi

is it offline already?  for me nothing works online, no login, no app, no nothing. at least the base station is still saving on the USB.

also Flash is a major issue, all browsers refuse it now.. time to change.

Message 5 of 20
BretD
Admin

This is only in regards to the community Forum, Not any NETGEAR hardware or software. 

Message 6 of 20
ChevyMama
Luminary

Then what happened to the system going offline again like it did during the 6/21 update nightmare!!? Having the same issues time and time again. Offline!

@BretD wrote:

This is only in regards to the community Forum, Not any NETGEAR hardware or software. 

@BretD wrote:

Message 7 of 20
Livewirejoe
Aspirant

Arlo Pros stopped alerting today although you can see when  vehicles are no longer there or something moved as revealed on your OIS device.  Did a walk around in the areas of four cameras and no notification,not a good thing for security.checked base station, every thing green, working. Notifications checked, on in settings.

Is that a part of of maintenance ?

Message 8 of 20
greyman56
Aspirant

The system just allowed me to submit a new discussion, and I got a badge for 1st post, but I don't see the new topic. It should have gone into the VPN Firewalls section of the forum.

Does this mean the post is gone? Or will it appear later sometime?

thanks, graham

Message 9 of 20
BretD
Admin

UPDATE: Maintenance has been delayed for 1-2 weeks until August.

Message 10 of 20
greyman56
Aspirant

Why am I not able to post in the VPN Firewall forum? I've tried twice and they appear in my subscriptions and I can view them from there, but I cannot reply to them and they are not showing on the forum listing page.

Message 11 of 20

Re: Planned Community System Maintenance August 9th - Posts/Replies Will be Disabled

Thank you for the Information on update  BretD

Message 12 of 20
gadgetvstech4
Aspirant

Re: Planned Community System Maintenance Late August - Posts/Replies Will be Disabled

Thanks for the info. I would love to kudo, but my click is not accepted by the system. Your Connection Is Not Private Android

Message 13 of 20
BretD
Admin

Re: Planned Community System Maintenance Late August - Posts/Replies Will be Disabled

Try going to the Android section fo the following link: https://whatsabyte.com/featured/your-connection-is-not-private/

Message 14 of 20
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Hopefully one of the things that will be fixed is to actually honor the "Keep me signed in" to the community check box. This has not worked for a long time and it's tiresome to have to log in every time I access the community.

Message 15 of 20
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@w3wilkes wrote:

Hopefully one of the things that will be fixed is to actually honor the "Keep me signed in" to the community check box. This has not worked for a long time and it's tiresome to have to log in every time I access the community.

We sign you out automatically out of the community after a period of inactivity. This isn’t a bug but a deliberate choice we made.

Message 16 of 20
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Kind of defeats the purpose of have a "Keep me signed in" check box. Maybe you should remove the check box if you're just going to ignore it or ad a disclaimer that says "We ignore this box if checked".

Message 17 of 20
BretD
Admin

Thank you for your patience.

Maintenance is about to begin. Please stand by.

G2381

Message 18 of 20
BretD
Admin

Re: Planned Community System Maintenance August 29th - Posts/Replies Will be Disabled

Message 19 of 20
BretD
Admin

Update: 8/30/2018 - Arlo and NETGEAR communities are separated, you will need to log in separately. Learn More>

Message 20 of 20
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 22 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7