× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Switch it up and go Faster! Win a Nighthawk S8000 Switch

BretD
Admin

Switch it up and go Faster! Win a Nighthawk S8000 Switch

switch-it-up.jpgEver wonder why even with awesome broadband your 4K YouTube videos can stutter? Or that sudden lag spike earns the other team a win?

You might need a Nighthawk S8000 switch and we are giving away an S8000 to one lucky reader right here.

To enter - reply with a message telling us where you'll use your Nighthawk S8000 Switch.

Entry Period 8/9/17 – 8/15/17

Update 8/15/2017 - Entry Period now closed. Thanks for entering!

Update 8/21/2017 - Congratulations to @Robb5001 Enjoy your Nighthawk S8000 Switch!

Learn more about The Nighthawk S8000 switch.

Although it looks advanced it is easy to use with user-friendly pre-configured one-click optimized settings for gaming, media streaming, and standard networking, plus two customizable user-defined configurations. Just Plug-and-Play out of the box! Expert users have the option to configure through the mobile-friendly web GUI.

-Good Luck!

Register to post and enter

Official Rules

Here are a few videos that will help you learn about and setup a Nighthawk S8000 Switch.

Message 1 of 45

Accepted Solutions
Teknicl
Initiate

With the Nighthawk s8000 I will use it as a dedicated switch for my currently connected SCOUT Home Security, Phillip Hue bridge, and XBox One which is currently connected to my R7500v2 Router.  With it I plan to utilize the advanced security and bandwidth limiting features to improve stabilty, throughput, and managablity.

View solution in original post

Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi
Message 4 of 45

All Replies
KarenZ
Aspirant

Is the Nighthawk Switch something that could be used to connect 2 routers to extend WIFI range and signal strength? 

Message 2 of 45
dhondtm
Initiate

Pick Me!  I would definitely use this switch as I game and stream sometimes at the same time.

Message 3 of 45
Teknicl
Initiate

With the Nighthawk s8000 I will use it as a dedicated switch for my currently connected SCOUT Home Security, Phillip Hue bridge, and XBox One which is currently connected to my R7500v2 Router.  With it I plan to utilize the advanced security and bandwidth limiting features to improve stabilty, throughput, and managablity.

Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi
Message 4 of 45
Van222
Aspirant

Id use it in my man cave!!!
Message 5 of 45
QUADDLE
Aspirant

I would be using it to stop ping spikes in my important CS:GO and LoL matches.
Message 6 of 45
tannerlevi
Aspirant

My household consists of five people. Two of them do heavy gaming, one of them builds game. And the rest of us binge streaming shows and movies. I honestly couldn't think of a better household to have this. Not to mention all the headaches I've been going through lately with my current netgear router. We could REALLY use this! 

Message 7 of 45
avtella
Prodigy

I will connect the S8000 to my single port WiFi extender so I can add my Sony SRS X7 Speaker and Roku box via Ethernet.
Message 8 of 45
Jehanzebnavid
Aspirant

Registered! Let's win 😀

Message 9 of 45
logan45919
Aspirant

I'm going to college this fall for computer science and will be living on campus in a dorm. I already know my roommate and know that between the two of us we'll have plenty of devices in our dorm. Our laptops, desktops, consoles, tv, ect. We are both computer science majors and heavy online gamers. I think the S8000 switch would be an awesome addition to our dorm room for having the best connection for all our devices and online gaming.

Message 10 of 45
PTzj
Aspirant

In my living room right below my PC :_) 

Message 11 of 45
bkrupyak
Aspirant

I would use this heavily every day. I do IT support out of my home office, I have four boys that are always streaming on their devices as am I. Not to mention how we are all huge online gamers!! I've been using the same switch n router for years now and would love this as a huge upgrade!!
Message 12 of 45
estrada41
Aspirant

I will use to connect all my devices at home, giving them a super fast Internet connection to enjoy all the finer things online.
Message 13 of 45
LoggicNova
Aspirant

I would use my Nighthawk near my gaming set up, ive been having problems with lag fairly often in the last few months and even when I'm on YouTube it stutters, I would mainly use it for gaming but I would also like to get back Into streaming, I used to stream but I would encounter even more lag, also this giveaway ends the day I go back to school so hopefully I win but good luck to everyone else.
Message 14 of 45
nighthawk2k17
Aspirant

If I win the S8000, it will replace an aging D-Link (front plug-in) 4 port switch. I plan to use it for mostly gaming and video streaming, it will also nicely complement my existing Nighthawk router setup. I also plan to use it with my friends during LAN party meetups. The super good looks of this switch will make for good conversation during the LAN party and Netgear just might sell more of them 🙂
Message 15 of 45
Rastaa
Aspirant

I currently live in a house with all of my friends and we have a really bad internet, there is 5 of us. all of us are heavy gamers and we all use netflix so this would help out a lot as we would be able to actually play a game without 100+ ping every game 🙂

Message 16 of 45
OnlyMike
Aspirant

I really need this to make reduce lag spike or lost connection when I was playing game online everytime my wife or kids used Netflix or any streaming TV live with 2 TVs. It is getting annoying without Nighthawk S8000 Switch!

Message 17 of 45
AncientGem
Aspirant

On my work, in our big office. We have few switches, but they doing job very bad. This one look amazing and I hope work flawless.

Message 18 of 45
konvajw
Aspirant

In my apartment complex.  Thanks for the chance.

Message 19 of 45
EisenheimDiego
Aspirant

I think I can give it a good use at home by great streams and better online experience.

Also, I've never won something...

Message 20 of 45
Bareatoll
Aspirant

I will use Nighthawk S8000 at home and connect all my devices through Ethernet. Since I still don't trust wireless technologies. Smiley Tongue

And it looks so damn good! Thanks.

Message 21 of 45
KRJ4L
Aspirant

I would love this. If I am lucky enough to actually win it I would be interested to see if it can really do all it claims, and I would hook it up in the center of the house. I have 2 autistic sons aged 8y & 7y and they recently were awarded kindlefires for their communication skills but instead my 8yo streams his favorite shows all day and my 7y is stuck on angry birds but has learned how to access the instructional how-to video channels and youtube cartoons and uses it to get unstuck or take a break from the game if frustrated. Between both boys streaming consistantly and my own use of streaming through Amazon, since we dont have cable, plus a UPnP video surveillence camera that muststay on while theyre respite is here. At any given time 55 pages/apps can be opened between the three of us and I cant afford a new NetGear wireless router so there are times when it seems to freeze from streaming overload and shuts down the connection. It would be great to have one of those Nighthawks just to be able to watch an entire show through to the end instead of it skipping or getting stuck.

@BretD wrote:

switch-it-up.jpgEver wonder why even with awesome broadband your 4K YouTube videos can stutter? Or that sudden lag spike earns the other team a win?

You might need a Nighthawk S8000 switch and we are giving away an S8000 to one lucky reader right here.

To enter - reply with a message telling us where you'll use your Nighthawk S8000 Switch.

Although it looks advanced it is easy to use with user-friendly pre-configured one-click optimized settings for gaming, media streaming, and standard networking, plus two customizable user-defined configurations. Just Plug-and-Play out of the box! Expert users have the option to configure through the mobile-friendly web GUI.

-Good Luck!

Official Rules

Here are a few videos that will help you learn about and setup a Nighthawk S8000 Switch.

@BretD wrote:

-Good Luck!

Official Rules

Message 22 of 45
egwiggins
Aspirant

I would use this amazing technology at our small, non-profit private school.  We could really use something like this to help us get up to date with our technology.  Thank you for doing these give aways!

Elizabeth Griffin Wiggins

Model: R6300v2|AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit router
Message 23 of 45
quickstep
Aspirant

I would run it from my R8000 - Nighthawk X6 to give me better control of my Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC connections. 

I'd probably start inviting friends over with their consoles again for a little LAN party magic at Gigabit speeds.

Message 24 of 45
WaywardTech
Aspirant

I would use this switch in place of the Netgear GS608 and some of the old 4 port hubs we are using.  Sadly, there won't be any replacing the Modem/wifi box Comcast gives us when you have Business internet with them.  S8000 should definately remove some of the bottlenecks we have and help speed up file transfers within our network.

Message 25 of 45
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7