× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors

Add Linux Support to the Insight Instant VPN Client

I have a BR500 and purchased the Insight Instant VPN service for it. Overall, the Insight Instant VPN service is nice as I can manage who I let into the VPN and It's an easy way to get into my routers network remotely. While I can get the VPN to work from my home Windows based PC, I also have several Linux machines that I would like to be able to connect to the VPN with. I've already been in contact with support and the conclusion was that this is somehow not supported or they had no settings they could give me to manually configure a connection.

I'd be happy with just some settings that I could use to manually configure a connection to the Inisight Instant VPN on Linux (e.g., Protocol, Gateway, etc.). If for some reason there is something that can't be disclosed then a Linux version of the app would be great too. I just want to be able to use the service through my Linux machines.

2 Comments
dfilip
Guide

I also have a need for this -- several Linux servers running in the AWS Cloud that I would like to be able set up a VPN connection with -- and am disappointed that NETGEAR does not have an out-of-the-box solution.  It looks like the device supports IPsec, so it should be possible.  I hope that NETGEAR will strongly consider adding support for Linux VPN on the B500.

schumaku
Guru