× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors

Add date/time-schedule feature to managed switches

As a homeowner and parent, I would like a date/time schedule feature on my Netgear GS308E managed switch, so that I can turn off certain Ethernet ports at night (for example).

3 Comments
Quip11
Follower

Most wired homes have a central Ethernet switch connected to the modem/router upstream, that then feeds all the rooms of the house plus WiFi access points.  A date/time schedule feature on the managed switch would allow the homeowner to turn off Ethernet service to certain rooms or devices at selected hours of days.

From all I've been able to read, nobody is as of yet offering this feature in managed Ethernet switches.

Quip11
Follower

I don't understand the lack of comments on this idea.  A valuable feature that Netgear could do: the schedule feature is already present in the WiFi access points, just port it over to the managed Ethernet switches.

robertlope412
Novice

That's a great idea, as a fellow homeowner  and parent I completely understand the need for a date/time schedule feature on a managed switch. It would be so convenient to have the ability to turn off specific Ethernet ports at certain times, especially during the night.