× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors

Add remote reboot capability to WAC104 interface

It would be very usefull to be able to reboot online from the interface especially when remotely managing. Being able to change the wifi power would be great too but this is more complex

Hopefully in a future firmware

Thanks

7 Comments
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Greg75,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Your feature request will be reviewed and assessed by the development team. 

Let me inform you that the more kudos given by community members to your feature request will help as the development team will be checking the post that has the most kudos and might be considered to be implemented.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

I agree, Greg. I am somewhat surprised this feature does not already exist, as it is present in the WN203, an AP with a similar usage set -- at least in my organization -- to the WAC104. Aside from access points all the Netgear routers we use also have remote reboot capabiity, and for the routers and AP's we have deployed, we periodically need to remotely restart them and are dependent on that feature. It's no fun to climb a ladder, in a hallway, and slide a ceilling tile out of the way, just to press a power button.

Please count this as double

@Greg75 wrote:

It would be very usefull to be able to reboot online from the interface especially when remotely managing. Being able to change the wifi power would be great too but this is more complex

Thanks

@Greg75 wrote:

Thanks

kudos for this topic, Netgear, because I'm wanting to post this twice. 🙂

MarcBerm
Novice

Kudos from me, as well. I too am surprised and disappointed that this isn't already a feature.

NETGEAR Moderator
‎2018-01-28 08:24 AM 

Hi @Greg75,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy 

Your feature request will be reviewed and assessed by the development team. 

Let me inform you that the more kudos given by community members to your feature request will help as the development team will be checking the post that has the most kudos and might be considered to be implemented.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

@DaneA Thanks for the update (or not) for going on 4 years and still waiting on a reboot or restart option from the web interface.

Maybe we will have to start thinking about talking to OpenWRT or DD-WRT to start reverse engineering it.

Maybe you're just trying to get us to purchase another model in frustration.

I totally agree. Remote reboot needs to be part of this units firmware. I was surprised to see it did not do this functions. Please consider adding this function.

ceb04
Novice

Yes, the only reason there could possibly be for this to NOT be in the Web interface is either extreme laziness or obstinance.  Dishonest or incompetent; what's the difference in outcome?  

I just performed a firmware upgrade because I found no other way to reboot the device.  That gambit is limited by the number of firmware upgrades that are available.  

You could probably copy the code from another network appliance that has this feature.   I don't see what could be so hard.

Ch.

irishjoe70
Novice

Absolutely this device needs to have software reboot capability.