× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors

Allow default PVID assignment on Trunk Ports to be altered on Insight

Insight Models:

BR500 5.7.0.4

GC752X 1.0.5.22

GC752XP 1.0.5.22

I have encountered a limitation with Insight that renders use of the Insight service moot. You currently cannot change the PVID assignment of a Trunk port, as Insight defaults tthe PVID assignment to the Managment VLAN once the port is assigned Trunk. This limitation renders the use of virutal servers in a network impossible without disconnecting the switch from Insight and configuring manually. I have spent the better part of two months working with support who has finally verified what my system all but proved - this cannot be done. They have been great to work with, but now I am being told I need to spend more time posting here to have an idea considered. This is a criticle feature that many businesses require. I  This is the only challenge I have encountered with the product and yet, it is almost a show stopper. Two monAfter spending the money on the BR500 and both Insight switches, I fnid myself with only half my system available from the Insight service I paid for. Case # 41789865.