× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors
0 Kudos

BR200 CLI SSH Interface

I want to be able to switch access to the WAN for certain LAN computers with a script. This would require a CLI via SSH.

Why BR200 does not appear in Modelselection???

3 Comments
schumaku
Guru

No, or not really. 

This would require the BR200 (and BR500) properly supporting WAN/Internet interface configs with a subnet covering multiple addresses, the ability to control NAT modes allowing some NATing additional IP addesses from that subnet to a certain LAN IP and much more.

A proper CLI would be much more additional effort, and would cover supported features only. 

Unfortunately, the BR200 and it's BR500 uncle are dead horses, Netgear does not care about anymore. In fact, the never cared at all. 

keale
Star

@schumaku 

I bought BR200 because we had good experience with Netgeer Sweetches also with old firewall / VPN routers.
And that this product is a green banana is exactly my feeling. This is disappointing. Well, seems to be a typical case of Nokia Syndrome.... I will look for alternatives in the future.

schumaku
Guru

@keale  Please don't blame the messenger. We're in the same boat, having pushed the BRs to various customers and found various issues and limitations which should not exist on a small business router - even if the price was set (much) to low. Still waiting for Netgear changing thier mind to add continuity and quality to the BR product line instead of yet another new router with yet another new marketing VPN feature nobody really needs.