× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors

BR200 - General Feedback/Suggestions

Note: Published under BR500 due to BR200 not being available on model list, please update your list + idea label list as well.

Model: BR200

Version: v5.10.0.4

BR200  feedback including some implied suggestions - Let me start by saying that even through a bit of pain and getting used to some sub-optimal ease of use, the product offers a very good value when you consider features/cost, especially if all IPv6 and VPN features worked properly (I am only using it for VLAN tagging, FW, DHCP server and inter-vlan routing, that being said here is my list:

Issues/Recommendations

- object deletion or addition has to be done one by one (i.e. address reservations) [really annoying!] You should consider bulk deletion and bulk config via commit

- typycal example of addr reserv takes about 45-50 secs per change, so if, for example, working with 10 devices it takes 4.5-5Mins to reserve the addresses

- mac address seems to be used as an index causing few issues, i.e. addr reservation showing up in wrong LAN

- In some instances addition/deletion of LANs can caused some weird issues, mainly around routing

- Any change (addition/deletion just takes too long)

- delete button for LAN on same page as Addr reservation - can cause confusion when deleting addr reserv and possibly unwanted changes

- sometimes adding a new LAN may re-use a mac addr (i.e. a mac addr already in use by another LAN)

- VLAN1 (default vlan) seems to be only place where you can manage this device properly - this is sub-optimal, it should be configurable and let the user decide how they want to manage it

- On the default vlan (LAN1) it is possible, from attached devices, to rename an object, but not possible on other LANs

- Naming a device on the LAN when doing an addr reserv should propagate to other places where a device name is used (maps, etc)

- Addr reservation feature is flaky, sometimes reservations will dissapear and re-appear once a member of the list was reconfigured

- Maps are flaky, the only sure way seems to view current devices (source of truth) is via the attached devices tab

- should allow a configurable admin name (for security reasons)

- for some reason some of the entries still show on the available list after they have been added to a reserved IP (confusing and annoying)