× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors

Bonjour enable/disable in Wireless controller not available

Hi,

Within an stand-alone AP (WAC720/730) it is possible to enable or disable the Bonjour service. When an AP is managed through a wireless controller you can not decide to enable or disable this protocol.

I understand from Netgear support (Case #: 28216854 ) that it is enabled within the controller, but limited to 1Mbps. I can confirm that therefore the Bonjour/Airprint is not working perfectly. You cannot enable/disable Bonjour and cannot set the bandwidth.

Can this feature add to the wireless controller firmware?

1 Comment
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@saints2017,

I assure you that our development team routinely reviews posts here in the Idea Exchange for Business board to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. While I do not have any information on this particular topic at this time, we greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation.

I encourage you to continue offering valuable feedback and continue to support good ideas by giving Kudos.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team