× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors

Enable DHCP Snooping features in Insight Management

It would be really useful to be able to configure DHCP Snooping features within the web or mobile interfaces. Certain scenarios involving DHCP just make using managed mode impossible.

2 Comments
abacqdghfth
Guide

Can you please provide more example.

What is network you are deploying ?  

are you asking if Insight needs to expose this switch feature on the Insight web portal ?

https://kb.netgear.com/21815/How-do-I-configure-Dynamic-Host-Configuration-Protocol-DHCP-snooping-us...

jabenedicic
Tutor

Yes that would be correct. Unless I’m understanding something else incorrectly.

I have the Orbi RBKE963 WiFi 6E router and AP’s. This is used as my internet router and DHCP/DNS. I am moving to pfSense for this but haven’t had the chance to try this out yet, assume it will be the same.

When I added some MS510TXM switches to my lab network, out of the box I set them up with the Insight managed mode. Using them like this no devices on my network would receive DHCP addresses. I couldn’t find any specific helper configuration in the Insight portal.

I ended up reconfiguring for stand-alone mode and had to enable this snooping feature in order for devices to get DHCP addresses.

That’s why I put this suggestion forward. However if there is another way to achieve the same results I’m happy to give that a try too.