× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors

Feature Request: Add port description to port QoS web page on GSS116E

GSS116E Port QoS Description.jpg

3 Comments
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Mister_Twister,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I assure you that our development team routinely reviews posts here in the Idea Exchange for Business board to assess which features the community would like to see implemented on the GSS116E switch. While I do not have any information on this particular topic at this time, we greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation.

I encourage you to continue offering valuable feedback and continue to support good ideas by giving Kudos.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

et91
Fledgling

Hi Team,

I'm looking for a 16 ports switch with 802.1Q VLAN, the GSS116E would have a good choice for me (I have 2 GS108T and I'm satisfied of NETGEAR).

Unfortunately I saw in documentantion that it is not supported (for this model) to put a comment in front of each port (on port configuration sceen) like on my GS108T .

ProSAFE 8-Port and 16-Port Gigabit Web Managed Click Switch Model GSS108EPP, GSS108E, and GSS116E User Manual (Specify a Port Description chapter) :

Note: The capability to specify port descriptions is supported on model GSS108EPP only. Models GSS108E and GSS116E do not support this capability.

It may be a detail for you but for me it is very important.

This function (which does not affect the internal operation of the switch at all) could be implemented quickly please ?

Thank you

Mister_Twister
Follower

I've seen no progress on this simple request and I would like to expand the request to all screens that show ports, including:

QoS --> Qos

QoS --> Rate Limit

QoS --> Broadcast Filtering

System --> Monitoring --> Port Statistics

System --> Monitoring --> Cable Testing

There is no doubt that this feature is extremely desirable, relatively easy to implement, and has no down-sides to it.  How often do you think someone sees CRC errors and does NOT want to know what is connected to the port (via the label he assigned to the port, e.g. "QNAP NAS," "Brother Laser," or "Loading Dock Cam")?  How often do you think someone wants to set the QoS port priority but doesn't want to know what is connected to the port? 

This isn't a tough ask, so how about making it a priority?