× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors

Feature request: auto periodic reboot

Hi,

2.5.3.110 is definitly an upgrade from previous versions - at last, it doesn't drop DNS resolution anymore.

Now, I am experiencing a new issue which has been difficult to identify.

In a nutshell, every 3-4 days, I have to reboot the main router because the connection becomes extremely slow. I can confirm, it's not the DNS this time around. Also surprising is that it works fine for some devices, while others experience multi seconds slow downs. With covid the whole family is working remote - my son would be on a video with school with no slow downs, while I would have a hard time browsing cnn.com with latency close to 7-8 seconds.

The solution is simple: reboot the rooter and it works as designed... for the next 3-4 days 😉

This brings me to a feature request -

Could you add the ability to reboot the router on a recurring scheme?  For instance, I would like the router to reboot every 3 days at 3am. Everybody sleeps at that time, and my problem is indirectly solved.

Let me know

1 Comment
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@orefalo,

About your concern wherein the connection becomes extremely slow every 3-4 days, I suggest you to open a support ticket with NETGEAR Support at anytime here for technical assistance.   

About your feature request, the development team will be checking it.  Be informed that the more kudos given by community members to this feature request will help as the most kudos might get considered and implemented.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team