× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors
0 Kudos

Fix annoying fan problem on XS716T

The 10Gbit switch XS716T has faulty either hardware or firmware which makes the fan go to a very high speed very often and then back to normal.

I reported this issue to the support team who initially send me a replacement unit but when the error occurred on the 2nd unit they changed their minds and called it "by design".

Let's first agree on how a smart fan works. A smart fan adjusts the speed of the fan to let it go fast if the temp increases and slower when the temp decreases. This is obviously the reason you want a smart fan and not a static very loud fan.

What happens on the XS716T is that the fan (at least on my unit) runs normal for 1 minute and the very fast for another minute. This pattern repeats it self over and over. In my mind this not a "business idea" but a bug in probably the firmware.

I strongly recommend people NOT getting the XS716T if they plan to use it in a noise sensitive area.

I really hope this issue is fixed so I can get my quite room back.

1 Comment
Squuiid
Luminary

See here for a solution to your fan issue...

https://www.mgcomputing.co.uk/netgear-xs716t-switch-fan-replacement/