× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors

GS108Ev3 Cannot set VLAN for management interface

Please add the funtion to select VLan for management.

Thanx

7 Comments
RD18
Novice

I also would like to see this function added also.

Thanks

foxikmax
Novice

Please add this funtion

Thanks

schumaku
Guru

This feature request essentially applies to all Smart Managed Plus switches, not just the GS108Ev3. The feature does exist on a few newer models, ie. the XS724EM.

At the same time, this would include restricting the NSDP (as used to discover and manage by the ProSAFE Plus Configuration Utility), Bonjour, UPnP discovery to the very same configured VLAN ID.

@bradleyv ... nice pleeeeeease 8-)

atweb
Fledgling
With the printing "Basic VLAN Support" on the Package with the restriction "not the Management" you lost a costomer. All of our feature Switches for the extension of a Room or the usage in a Lab will be D-Link DGS-1100-08.
schumaku
Guru
@atweb Netger does have switch products with this feature - check the Smart Managed Pro product line with the GS108T(vxxx)..
Amazin
Novice

@atweb thank you for the suggestion. I was looking for a solution or work around. But with you mentioning the D-Link alternative I think it will be a lot easier to just return the GD108Ev3. I also feel like the removal of this option is super shady.

schumaku
Guru

@Amazin There was and is nothing removed. The Smart Managed Plus (and the related Click and Gaming variants) are non-managed switch cores with a tiny add-on controller allowing to set some basic VLAN functionality on the switch core, including port-based and essential 802.1Q tagged and untagged configs - pricing for these units is set very near to non-managed switches.

Netgear does offer plenty of Smart Managed Pro switch models (also reasonable inexpensive, and including lifetime warranty) where the management interface can be configured to a designated VLAN.