× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors

How do you set the update frequency when using an SNTP sever to synchronize time on a GS724T switch?

Hi,

It has been suggested that I submit this increased functionality request to improve the switches capability on its accessing frequency when updating its system time from an SNTP server.

Most other manufacturers allow access times up to 1000's of hours. I normally update various network appliances either once a day or once a month, which is fine for most instances. However, this doesn't appear possible with my GS724T switches. The maximum polling time results, in my case, with a Kiss Of Death response due to too many update requests. The only work around is possibly using a DNS access to an SNTP server pool, as opposed to accessing a fixed time server IP address.

I would have just put up with this problem but 

DaneA from the NETGEAR Community Team suggested I raise this as a functionality request!

I did look into having my own SNTP server but the cost is prohibitive.

Regards PAH

Last update from the NETGEAR Community Team shown below for info.

: How do you set the update frequency when using an SNTP sever to synchronize time on a GS724T ...

Hi PAH,

Since there is no option to manually configure the frequency of when the GS724Tv3/4 will access the SNTP servers, I suggest that you post this concern as feature request in the Idea Exchange board for Business here.  Be reminded that adding kudos to the ideas will help as the development team will be reviewing the post that has the most kudos and it might be considered to be added on the future functionality of the product.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

1 Comment
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi PAH,

Gave a kudos to this post. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team