× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors
0 Kudos

Insight Brasil wireless region support WAX610/Y

Hi,
Please add Brasil region support for Insight.
I have several locations and besides the USA I have Apartment complex in Brasil which I cannot change wireless region to Brasil. I get region does not match default device location. I planned to add to the existing 4 indoor and outdoor WAX610/y units, but if I cannot comply with telecom wireless rules of country, I will be forced to change vendors. Support solution is currently run in USA region to keep insight management. Side note while Brasil is in Insight list AP’s cannot be changed using web UI and locked to USA. I have offices tied together with VPN and would like to keep everything in place and grow upon what we currently have.
Any suggestions from anyone to this with a workaround would be appreciated if Netgear cannot add this support feature.

Thanks everyone!!
2 Comments
schumaku
Guru

Two-KurtIssues are coming together here:

1. For US FCC regulatory reasons, the US models of the Netgear WAX don't allow a user changeable regulatory area settings. 

2. No idea if the worldwide WAX versions as well as Insight are supporting the Brazil regulatory settings.

@YeZ please.

Regards,

-Kurt

YeZ
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert
Status changed to: New Idea

We do not sell wireless access points to Brasil, so this is not supported.