× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors

Link Aggregation for GS308E

Any chance that LAG will be available on the GS308E in future firmware updates?

23 Comments
schumaku
Guru

Some motivation for Netgear should be their own press annoucement NETGEAR DEBUTS NEW 5 AND 8 PORT SMART MANAGED PLUS GIGABIT ETHERNET SWITCHES where Link Aggregation (LAG) support was clearly announced: 

===

San Jose, CA — April 16, 2019  NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTGR) the leading provider of networking products that power today’s small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs), has announced the availability of the new 5-port  (GS305E) and 8-port (GS308E) Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Plus Switches designed to meet the networking challenges of small businesses.

Today’s growing small businesses depend on their network to carry out mission-critical business activities. Companies are including more network traffic and applications such as VoIP phones and IP cameras on their Ethernet infrastructure. These switches need the network intelligence to separate the voice and video traffic from data, and prioritize accordingly without the cost or advanced IT support required to deal with complex managed switches.

NETGEAR Smart Managed Plus Switches meet this growing need by providing fundamental network features that will help optimize network performance. The NETGEAR GS305E 5-port and the 8-port GS308E switches offer traffic separation (VLAN), traffic priority (QoS), Link Aggregation (LAG), cable health check and loop prevention. ...
===

@YeZ please.

schumaku
Guru

@YeZ any update here please?

schumaku
Guru

@IphieChen please

rivimey
Follower

!

@fabriks wrote:

Any chance that LAG will be available on the GS308E in future firmware updates?

Yes please

schumaku
Guru

@YeZ ?

schumaku
Guru

@Iphie_C please....

HKNinja
Tutor

Where is the feature?  I bought the switch because it was advertised with LAG.  I finally get around to set it up today (after a couple of months) and found it is not there.  Very disappointed and now I can't return it.  Please add the feature as promised!

ZonX
Novice

I was also counting on this option. It would be very useful for servicing NAS. Something touched this topic?

comstar_3068
Fledgling

LAG was initially advertised on both the press release and Amazon page.  I understand the Amazon page has since been corrected.  Will this function be added?

stevenckw
Novice

Users have been waited for a while, will there any update in the not long future, pls?