× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors

MS108EUP PoE Schedule

Would be nice to have easier and better way for PoE Schedule on this switch.
In firmware 1.0.1.6 there is slider that's not working so great, and you can set up only once per day turning on and off.
Would be better to have more choice.
I like how Ubiquiti has managed this.
You can enter time manualy or use slider, and can enter unlimited number per each day.

Hope to have this option on Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Plus Switch (MS108EUP) as well.

Thanks

2 Comments
schumaku
Guru

Define exactly what you expect. Re-think we talk about a tiny embedded microcontroller here, not a fully fledged cloud management system à la Ubiquity or Netgear Insight. All the scheduling and the UI needs to be on-board. Yes, I'm fully with you the sliders promise a little bit more than what is implemented. It does leave the impression two schedules could be set. Can't think there is a real-world need for more than two on-times per day for example.

duroic
Follower

HI,

I would like to tuen PoE off during the night and during day when I'm at work. Because I need PoE after midnigh I need to setup two schedules  just for turning it off during night time. Would be better if you can add rules for that. Like Yuu want to make a new scheduler, define days and time and click add rule. Something like that. Also, for my point of view, there id no need for that calendar on top. I just use last day possible in it. Only days per week are ok.

Thanks