× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors

Management VLAN Support on Plus Series

I have an issue where if I create a tagged VLAN on a JGS516PE, GS108PE, & JGS524PE switch on the uplink port then it will pull an IP from that tagged VLAN as its management VLAN. e.g. I have VLAN1 - 192.168.1.0/24 - untagged and VLAN100 - 192.168.100.0/24 - tagged then the switch will grab 192.168.100.25 as a management VLAN.  I created a ticket with Netgear support on this issue and I was told that the switch was sending out DHCP requests for each VLAN and which ever it recieved back first it would take and ignore the rest. The solution was to assign a static IP since the Plus series doesn't support management VLAN changes. I believe assigning a static is a patch to an issue that shouldn't exist. I know a change in the way that we do the initial setup will allow us to know which static we need to use before we deploy the switch with tagging but it has been an issue before and we had to create inter-VLAN routing to be able to get back to the switch and manage it.