× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors

One-to-One Parity of Device Management between Cloud managed to Direct Connect

If NetGear wants Insight to be considered Business Class then we need One-to-One Parity of Device Management between Cloud Managed vs Direct Connect Managed. In my case I need to manage ACLs to allow for MultiCast Traffic which at the moment I can ONLY do with Direct Connect Managed. However, when I switch between the two modes the switch erases ALL settings.

This is DOable its just software. To drive this idea home I find that SonicWALL has both Cloud Manage devices as well! However, they do HAVE One-to-One Parity so that any setting in the Direct Web Management is available in the Cloud Web Management! In addition, If I make a change directly on the SonicWALL device then a background task in the Cloud pickups those Direct changes and they are reflected in the Cloud View.

The value of Insight Portal is much less if I can't manage every seting from the Portal!

1 Comment
CyB0rg
Novice

Could not agree more. If you want to compete with the likes of Cisco and their Meraki line, there's no excuse for not allowing all of the local gui settings to be controlled from the cloud. In my case it's MSTP that is a deal breaker .. As the things stand right now, the "Premium" subscription price is not justified at all - at least from switching perspective. Looks more like early beta than a finished product to be honest.