× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors

ProSAFE Plus Configuration Utility for MAC

Can we get the software to be supported on MAC computers?

10 Comments
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello dannygti, 

Welcome to the community! 

I saw your post on the Idea Exchange board and gave it an "Up". The more people gives a an "Up" the more likely it will be implemented. 

Thanks, 

cubkid
Novice

agree!

JML617
Aspirant

The whole point of using a third party toolkit like Adobe Air (hmm) is that the code can be easily compiled for Windows or MacOS - this is even the first claim on Adobe's page for Air!  Adobe - Adobe AIR

As a result, can't understand why a MacOS version isn't already available...?

MBUM
Fledgling

How long is it going to take before we can use Mac's to control a ProSafe managed switch? Can't be that hard surely

DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@MBUM,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

What specific NETGEAR Switch model do you have?  If ever you have any of the NETGEAR ProSAFE Plus Switch listed below, there is already a NETGEAR Switch Discovery Tool for MAC v1.0.102 (v for version) that is available for download.  You can download it on this link.

GS105Ev2

GS105PE

GS108Ev3

GS108PEv3

GS116Ev2

JGS516PE

JGS524Ev2

JGS524PE

Also, the NETGEAR ProSAFE Plus Switches listed above can be managed using its web-GUI which for me, is more convenient to use for ease of management.  Kindly read pages 7-8 of the ProSAFE® Gigabit Web Managed (Plus) Switches user manual here on how to access the switch using a web browser.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

MBUM
Fledgling

Hi DaneA

I have a ProSafe Smart Switch GS716Tv3

Cheers

Martin

DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@MBUM,

The category of the GS716Tv3 is a ProSAFE Smart Switch not a ProSAFE Plus Switch.  Kindly check its data sheet here.  The ProSAFE Plus Configuration Utility is not compatible with it.  

For NETGEAR Smart Switches like the GS716Tv3, the Smart Control Center Utility is being used and as of now, its only available for Windows.  The GS716Tv3 can also be manage using its web-GUI and its more convenient to use for ease of management.  Kindly read page 19 of the GS716Tv3 switch administration manual here on how to access the management interface from a web browser such as Safari. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Sandbug777
Fledgling

Just bought a Netgear Prosafe GS108Tv2.  Is there a Mac (High Sierra) download for Smart Control Center or a web browser (Chrome or Safari) version?

Seems odd that newer Netgear models aren't coming out with MAC computer interface software, but then the Parental Controls won't work on the Blackhawk Router or mobile either.

Thanks!

bbehler
Fledgling

Hey there,

even though this thread is a little older it's still interesting to me. So once again the quetion:

Is it possible to configure a JGS524E (V1 obviously) with my mac?

Thanks in advance

bbehler

Odinb
Novice

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but it is for an old problem that still exists, and is just getting worse!

I do not have Windows in my house (it is spyware, all Microsoft products are), MacOS and Linux only, so using the "ProSAFE Plus" configuration tool is not easy! Had to setup a dual-boot machine, and boot Windows when I need to make changes (couple a times a year). Takes about 45 minutes to boot everytime due to mandatory updates/multiple reboots! "Fun"!

How can a big company like Netgear not have applications for non-windows after all these years is a big failure! It also now seems this tool is marked as "This product/software is end-of-life."!

So, what is the alternative? The "phone-only" Netgear "Insight" app! Problem solved, right? Wrong!
This tool is a pain to use, and forces you to do all kind of signups to just configure your switches! It also requires a $10/device per year fee! Ok, you say, it is 2 devices for free per account! Well, I have 5 or more devices, and I am a private user! This fee would be like buying a new switch every year! Also, why would I have to depend on the cloud to do this? I want things to work locally, not via the cloud! I understand that Netgear wants all the analytics to use internally and sell to 3rd parties to monetise off of, but if so, why do I have to also pay for a subscription as a private user? Double-dipping is what it is, and a privacy invader!
Also, what happens with my JGS524E and my GS108Ev2 switches when the "ProSAFE Plus" app dissapears? They have no Web-GUI, not even one that stops responding after a while like it does on the newer versions with Web-GUI? Should I just throw out fully good still working HW just because Netgear cannot fix their management SW? Poor customer support is what it is!