× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors

Proposed new Insight Feature

I would like to propose a new feature to the Insight Web and Mobile portals.  Specifcally, I propose that there be an option to turn off and/or limit to certain channels/devices the "Enable Neighbor AP" scanning.  The option to turn it off exists on the local web UI for the WAC540 (the particular Access Point I use) and it is also possible on the local Web UI to turn on/off for just certain Channels.   In addition, a user can set the frequency of the scanning (Mild/Medium/Aggressive).   I have noticed that this scanning causes regular packet loss for any client connected to the device, which causes regular (brief) freezing on Video/VOIP calls.   I tested by removing a device from the Insight Controller and turning off the "Enable Neighbor AP" scanning as well as setting the mild/med/aggressive options.  Setting to mild resulted in less packet loss.  Setting to agressive causes more frequent packet loss.  Once you re-connect a device to the Insight Controller, the option to check "Enable Neighbor AP" is grayed out on the local Web UI.  It's also not possible on the Insight Web portal or the Insight Mobile app to set "Enable Neighbor AP" option.  With all the people using these devices to connect to/from remote locations (as a result of COVID), frequent, even if brief, freezes in responsiveness mean that this Insight feature gap represents a significant limitation of the Insight Controller.