× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors

Remove / Delete Disconnected Clients in Insight

I don't think this is possible, as I've not found a way to do this at all, but in the Clients tab, I have a growling list of disconnected clients that just won't even be here again - some clients were transitory - so how does this list get managed so that clients which are no longer of any interested can be removed instead of this growing into a monster database table?     Can NetGlear place a button to remove discovered disconnected clients since if they appear again, they will just be rediscovered to keep the client's table running quick/smooth without unnecessary data from transient clients?

4 Comments
schumaku
Guru

Had a site with a lot of public clients, the list growed fast. Had several sessions with Netgear around various issues, including these massive lists. After a while, the list started to clean out. No idea about the design intention eg. on a garbage collection scheme or if they had run some actions on the cloud side.

BowQtr
Follower

Would make sense to have too options,

1) purge now,

2) purge if not reseen after x hours.

Wouldn't seem too hard to implement to make this easier to spot items of interest.

schumaku
Guru

Yes, of course. There should be some longer cycles to be considered - this can depend widely on the kind of site usage - day, days, a week, one month.

Easy to implement - I don't know ... as this information might co-exist on the individual node, too.

schumaku
Guru

Just learnt the purging happens after 30 days currently.