× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors

SRR60 daisy chain customization and logic

I have observed that the daisy chain feature on the SRR60 still defaults to more of a star profile whenever possible even when stronger / faster signal strength options are available. Additionally, I find devices are also doing the same the thing.

We really could use a fix in two ways for this. Firstly, when determining how to add a satellite to the network, the system should have some options for us. Either to use the strongest signal and connect to it, or to attempt to minimize the number of in between satellites to get back to the router.

Additionally, it would be nice if we could hard code the path back to the router for each satellite based on the choice of satellites in range. In this way we can override your device logic if we see it not choosing the most optimum route.

I have observed the behaviour in a straight line configuration between router and satellites. Have the router, which we will denote with R, and SRS60 satellites denoted by A,B,C, and D.

My configuration is as follows:

R A B C D

What I observe is that:
- A connects to R on a good signal strength
- B connects to R on with a poor signal strength
- C connects to B on a good signal strength
- D connects to B on a poor signal strength.

However, B is in range of A on a good signal strength and D is in range of C on a good signal strength. In fact when first setting up the system this is what they did, but after time they change and opt to use weaker signal options and there is no way to override this behaviour.
2 Comments
Famax
Novice

Hello,

Did you found a solution ? I'm in the same situation and I don't know how to override the illogic star distribution of the connection.

jcbick
Aspirant

I have also noted and wanted to manage this type of situation.  Whatever algorithm is in use does not seem to display a very strong maximum signal strength/highest throughput characteristic.  A manual override should be available to the admin.