× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors

Simple port security

Hello there my name is Peter.

I would like a function to be added to these series of switches that prevents a rouge user to connect equipment to any port and gain access to the network or disturb/bring it down with maybe a CAM overflow attack.

It would work such that if an unreasonable amount of connection attempts with different mac adresses occurs - it disables that port or something.

A better idea would be to use DHCP snooping in the switch so we could enter allowed MAC and IP adresses in the router instead.

I know that switches like GS108Tv2 probably supports this however there is no GS105T small 5-port version available so I am forced using GS105Ev2 instead which is a nice little switch indeed.

If DHCP snooping is too complex maybe you could add a little menue instead so we could enter a couple of MAC adresses allowed on each port.

Thanks sincerely

Peter

1 Comment
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Midaz,

Your idea to improve the quality and functionality of the product is very much appreciated, we thank you for sharing and interest in this. You may also post suggestions and ideas at the Idea Exchange board. Adding kudos to the ideas will help as development team will be reviewing the post that has the most kudos for considering it to add to the product's future functionality.

Thanks,