× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors
0 Kudos

Solution to fix ORBI LAN and WAN problems after power failure

From FRANCE.

I own an ORBI SR60 system (1 SRK60 and 2 SRS60) used in AP mode with fixed IP for SRK60. I disabled DHCP server in the SRK60.

I use an ethernet backhaul connexion for all ORBI satellite and router using a separate LAN as it is mandatory (by the way, you can use VLAN or Port Isolation to do this in all available switches, no need to buy a separate switch).

I like this sytem very much as it is performant and easy to deploy.

As other users, I loose Internet connexion after a power failure if the SRK60 restart before the modem (in my case one from Internet provider). Remember I am in AP mode.  Using power Inverter will not fix the problem in case of Internet connexion drop or long power failure.

All stations can communicate on the LAN but none can access the WAN. From the WAN, the only station available is the Internet Modem.

As other users, the only way to get the Internet (IN & OUT) connexion working again is to unplugged the SRK60 power. No need to check switches, LAN station, LAN network, the problem is the SRK60.

I have made a special lab test with only a modem, a SRK60, a SRS60 and a PC and I am able to reproduce the problem as needed.

NETGear France support confirm my problem and ask me to post it here as a new Idea subject. In the documentation, page 108, there is a power start order suggested but it is not a solution as I have 6 switches, 4 different LAN and more than 50 clients in the LAN. In my case, this lan is 800 kms far from my other office.....

At this time, my only solution was to connect the SRK60 power supply to an Aviosys IP Power configured as it will not switch it on again after a power failure. In case of power failure, I have to restart it manually from the WAN using Aviosys IP power possibility.

So my goal is to get a new firmware to fix this problem. It is mandatory as the system is not usable as it.

A case problem is already open on french Netgear support, no need to ask me to open a new one.