× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors
0 Kudos

Summary of delivered Power budget missing

i am missing in GS316EP a summary of delivered PoE Power. The individual power drain is individually displayed for each powered Device, but a an overview of the entire power is not available. I was shure, this is an normal function in an current semi-professional product, but unfortunatley not...

2 Comments
schumaku
Guru

The problem is that showing the current power delivered only does lead the unexperienced users to wrong conclusions, means "I can connect x more devices" because there is power available. The IEEE PoE standards require a PSE to keep the power _requested_ by the PD available. The GS316EP and GS316EPP default config does define a user configured power limit by port. The other factor is that any power exceeding the available power cal lead to a PoE shutdown of the lower priority (higher numbered) PoE ports. The primary limit should come from the PoE class requested resp. the user configured port power - not from the current consumed power.

TP030
Follower

i would not see this so negative! There is always a way for stupid users to missunderstand things, and to make the wrong conclusions and so on...

But anyway, i would like to have the summary of delivered Power!