× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors

Support for openvpn (SRX5308)

Is it possible to configure the SRX5308 as a VPN server supporting openvpn clients? I have a remote router that can connect as a VPN client over PPTP, L2TP and OpenVPN. I have excluded using PPTP because of security concerns and L2TP because I understand that the connection is not encrypted. That leaves me with only OpenVPN, but I cannot see that SRX5308 supports this. Would Netgear consider an enhancement request?

1 Comment
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi johnfawcett,

I believe OpenVPN is supported on the Wireless AC Router Series and Nighthawk Router Series of NETGEAR but not on the ProSAFE VPN Firewall Series which .  Kindly refer to the article here.

You may want to try to set up a client-to-box VPN with your SRX5308.  You will need to install the ProSAFE VPN Client Professional Software on your computer.  You can download it here.  Be reminded that you will need to purchase a license after the 30-day trial period.  In setting up a client-to-box VPN with your SRX5308, access the article here and use it as your guide. 

However, I still moved your post here in the Idea Exchange for Business board in order for the development team to see what feature you wanted to be added to the functionality of the SRX5308.  Gave kudos to this post.  Let me inform you that the more kudos given by community members to your feature request will help as the development team will be reviewing the post that has the most kudos and might be considered.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team