× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors

User Management for AV Line

Hello,
I am just starting to work with the AV Line switches. I use them in a concert hall. There is an administrator and many users running the shows. For this, from my point of view, there needs to be some kind of user management. On the one hand, of course, the administrator with full access, but on the other hand, another account for status monitoring and assigning ports to VLANs, if that is necessary for a show.
A user management with rights management would be perfect for this.

Is such a feature already planned?

3 Comments
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@classicsound,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

The M4250 series switches which is the AV (Audio-Video) Line Managed Switches of NETGEAR supports Management VLAN.  By default the Management VLAN is VLAN 1 and you can change the Management VLAN to any VLAN you want.  Be informed that all switch features such as VLAN, ACL, QoS, etc can be configured using the Main local browser user interface (Main UI) or via the Command Line Interface (CLI).  

The M4250 series switches also have an Audio-video local browser user interface (AV UI) which is a web-based management tool that lets you configure and manage audio-video and other types of network profiles remotely using a standard web browser.

To learn more about the specifications of the M4250 series switches, kindly check its data sheet here.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

classicsound
Follower

Hi,

i guess you got me wrong. I was asking for a user management to manage the switches. For example:

Admin - full access

Advanced User - e.g. configure VLans

Basic User - Assign Ports to given VLans only

Guest - View only

DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@classicsound,

My bad! 😞  I apologize for getting it wrong.  

Still, thank you for your response. 🙂  Be reminded that the more kudos given by community members to this feature request will help as the development team will be reviewing the post that has the most kudos and might get considered.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team