× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors

WAC104 Unable to Control WiFI Channel BandWidth

I setup 4 WAC104 as Acces Points, and there are no settings available to limit channel Bandwidth in 2.4 and 5GHz spectrums. There is a compatibility setting which appears to give no control over BandWidth. The shopping Center is very congested and I would like to force SSID "VillageLife" to 20MHz (See attached Images). This should be a setting to make it more friendly in congested areas.  Apple devices do not use 40MHz, only 20MHz. Am I missing something? I contacted Tech Support and they claim there is no setting to limit Bandwidth, and told me to post it here.  Most WiFi AP units I have dealt with allow you to limit bandwidth, so I'm surprised to see there is no bandwidth setting, and therefore hard to recommend to other clients (we like the 4 LAN ports SWITCH, allowing us to hardwire local computers to Ethernet and not WiFi).

Netgear WAC104 TFS WiFi Channel 2.4G 40 & 20MHz.jpg

Netgear WAC104 TFS WiFi Channel 5G 40MHz.jpg

2 Comments
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi SierraTech,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

I moved your post here on the Idea Exchange for Business board in order for the development team to see what feature you wanted to be added to the functionality of the WAC104 access point.  Just gave kudos to this post.  

Be reminded that the more kudos given by community members to your feature request will help as the development team will be reviewing the post that has the most kudos and might be considered.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

SierraTech
Follower

Thank you Dane for posting this in correct forum! I now know where to post enhancements!

Take care!