× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors

update dynamic dns service providers on SRX5308

Right now we only have the option to use Dyndns.org, Oray.net, TZO.com or 3322.org.

Dyndns & Oray now both point to dyn.com and are no longer free to use.

TZO & 3322 both point to some chinese website...

Last year in a support ticket i asked for an update to these dynamic dns service providers on the ProSafe SRX5308 and I was told this:

The custom dynamic DNS feature is already implemented by engineering and is currently being reviewed by quality control. (feature request 7033)
You can expect this feature in the next firmware release, unfortunately I don't have a release date yet.

At that time 4.3.4.1 was the current firmware version.

Now I see that 4.3.4.2 is available, but this still doesn't bring any changes to the dynamic dns services.

Is there an update on the eta of this feature?

2 Comments
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello JorisN, 

Welcome to the community! 

I'll see if I can get any updates regarding this feature request. Usually, the prioritization depends on the number of users affected. On the Idea exchange board, if a specific request gets plenty of "UP" or "Kudo" it is more prioritized by engineering. In your case, there is already a feature request number so I would say it is being worked on. I'll get back to you as soon as I get some updates.

Thanks,

Dyl88
Novice

Hello,

It's been quite a few months now and no reply

I am desperately waiting to see if there is any progress on this feature, or if there is any eta on it being implemented

Thanks!