× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

According to the specs on the GS308EP 6JExxxxxxxxx the switch is manageable on the Web based app

According to the specs on the GS308EP 6JExxxxxxxxx the switch is manageable on the Web based app

LesHam
Aspirant

Is the GS308EP PoE Switch manageable from a web based client either an app or a brouser like Edge?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LesHam
Aspirant

Re: According to the specs on the GS308EP 6JE5292JA148C the switch is manageable on the Web based ap

We have an RAX70 NIghtHawk Router which allows us management capability.  Is there something I am missing that will allow me to manage our GS308EP switch remotely?

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: According to the specs on the GS308EP 6JE5292JA148C the switch is manageable on the Web based ap

It's far of a subject Remote Management as the subject implies.

These Plus switches are basic configurable but unmanaged devices, offering easy configuration, low maintenance switches with QoS, VLANS, PoE capabilities and more. And of course, a Web browser is sufficient - certainly as long as your computer with the Web browser is on the very same local IP subnet, so not remote in any way.

I suspect it's a imitation (or potentially a bug) on some these devices simple IP stack on the embedded controller. It appears it does not honor the default gateway configured. Same eg. on the GS105PE for example.

This issue does currently not affect other switches from the Plus switch class, which are build on managed cores, like the XS724EM, MS108EUP for example.

Message 3 of 3