× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Downgrade Firmware

jkenny1408
Follower

Downgrade Firmware

We currently have 2 Netgear switches, GS752TPv2.  We have the most current version of software on them, 6.0.10.10.  We are running into an issue on our network with our voip phones and a specific feature we are trying to use which is apparently being blocked by the switches.  We experimented with two other brands (non-netgear) of switches and the issue did not occur and the feature worked. 

Before I replace the switches, I thought I would try to downgrade the firmware to see if it would resolve the issue.  We have tried to downgrade the software to the earliest version, 6.0.0.31 to see if it would resolve the issue and then start to upgrade to higher versions to see where the problems occur.  However, when we try to downgrade the firmware, we receive an error with a red x saying "Software file update through HTTP did not complete.".  

Is there only a certain version we can downgrade the firmware from on 6.0.10.10?  Would prefer not manually trying each downgraded version until it stops us.  

Thank you for your help.

Message 1 of 2
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Downgrade Firmware

@jkenny1408,

It is not recommended to downgrade the firmware jumping from the latest version down to a very old (earliest) firmware version.  You may try to downgrade to an earlier version in a ladderized manner.  For example, from v6.0.10.10 to v6.0.10.5.  

What is this specific feature that you are trying to use which is apparently being blocked by the GS752TPv2?  Also, what test/s did you do that proves that this specific feature is being blocked by the GS752TPv2?  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements