× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware not fully released?

Theolodian
Tutor

Firmware not fully released?

Firmware version 1.0.4.6 does not seem to be fully released. I have 2 of the GC728XP. One of them is locally managed and one is cloud managed right now. The cloud managed one is on 1.0.4.6. If I go to download firmware for the other one it only shows 1.0.2.11. If I look at the GC728X it shows 1.0.4.6. Can I use the 1.0.4.6 firmware for the GC728X on the GC728XP or do I need to wait for the download to be sorted?

Model: GC728X| Insight Managed 28-port Smart Cloud Switches, GC728XP| Insight Managed 28-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Cloud Switch
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Firmware not fully released?

Hi @Theolodian,

Thank you for posting. 🙂 

The download page of both GC728X and GC728XP switches has now been updated.  You can now download as well as read the release notes of firmware v1.0.4.6 here.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Spotted the same, already tried to answer in your other thread.

It can be discovered via the GC728X (yeah, only) download - https://www.netgear.com/support/product/GC728X.aspx#Firmware%20Version%201.0.4.6 or direct on the GC728X / GC728XP Firmware Version 1.0.4.6 - the effective download URL does also unveil another secret - an upcoming GC752[X|XP]. 

No idea why the effective GC728XP download page was not updated - @bradleyv can you check?

Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Theolodian,

Thank you for posting. 🙂 

The download page of both GC728X and GC728XP switches has now been updated.  You can now download as well as read the release notes of firmware v1.0.4.6 here.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements