Retired_Member
Not applicable

GC108PP Cloud Features

Dear Netgear-Forum,

i just bought a new Switch (GC108PP) and have a couple questions / problems:

Right after connecting the switch for the first time, i was not able to do any config at all.

I had to "Register" the product and then i had to unlock it.

So now i would like to know, why I am forced to register the switch? The support told me, that the Cloud-part is optional!

2nd: Since the Device is constantly talking home: What data does the switch transfer and is there any list available?

3rd: Is there any way to disable it?

4th: Is there any way to disable the annoying "Notice" that my device is locally managed?

5th: In case i have to Factory-Reset the Device, do i need to unlock it again?

It would be great if i can get some answers, since i also bought a new Netgear AP WAC540 which is also "Inside Cloud" and was also promised to work without the Cloud.

Will i have the same problems with the Wifi AP?

##########

I am really dissapointed.

I just wanted a good Wifi AP and matching PoE-Switch to power it.

This whole "forcing/annoying your users to use the cloud" is disgusting.

And before someone says it: I knew that the product stated "Cloud Managed" but i was always under the impression (and the Netgear-Support told me...) that they can be managed without the Cloud like a "normal" managed Device.

If this is really the new way of Netgear, i will do what your tech-support recommended (instead of answering any of the above questions): Buy from another company.....

Kind regards,

Jonathan

Model: GC108PP|Insight Managed 8-port Gigabit Ethernet High-Power PoE+ Smart Cloud Switch with FlexPoE Power
Message 1 of 2
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: GC108PP Cloud Features

@nope1,

Welcome to our community! Smiley Happy

My apologies for that. But this is also for you to register it to your account and may claim a warranty just in case the switch became faulty. You may read more about it here.

Why do I need to register my NETGEAR Smart Managed Pro Switch?

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements