× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GC110 and FIOS

Dahita
Aspirant

GC110 and FIOS

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if I can use my GC110P as the router for FIOS? I only want internet, no TV or phone. I am going to order a 100/100 connection and I do not want to use their material. Can I connect my GC110P directly to the ONT through RJ45?

Any answer will be appreciated,

Thanks

Model: GC110P| 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE App Managed Smart Cloud Switch w/2 SFP Fiber Ports
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: GC110 and FIOS

From another continent, don't know much about FiOS ONT. By rule of thumb, a router is always required (for NAT address translation, WiFi, Ethernet port(s), regardless if the connection is coming in over a CableTV copper or Fibre.

The GC110, resp. any Insight Managed Switches (GC models) are capable L2+ switches, but not router, NAT device, or the like.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

From another continent, don't know much about FiOS ONT. By rule of thumb, a router is always required (for NAT address translation, WiFi, Ethernet port(s), regardless if the connection is coming in over a CableTV copper or Fibre.

The GC110, resp. any Insight Managed Switches (GC models) are capable L2+ switches, but not router, NAT device, or the like.

Message 2 of 3
Dahita
Aspirant

It makes sense,

Thank you very much for your answer, much appreciated.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements