Boomer67
Follower

GC110P can support SFP GPON from my ISP?

I have fibre inside my house

my ISP provide me a box and a SFP GPON 
A can have 1,5 Gb download and 750 Mb upload

i also buy a Asus RT-AX88U

i want to use Link aggregation by the box from my provider not support it

i think to buy GC110P  because it support it

i know all the thing about configuration of VLAN but I need to know if GC110P support the SFP form my ISP and can keep the 1,5 Gb power?

Model: GC110P|8-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE App Managed Smart Cloud Switch w/2 SFP Fiber Ports
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: GC110P can support SFP GPON from my ISP?

@Boomer67 wrote:

my ISP provide me a box and a SFP GPON 

A can have 1,5 Gb download and 750 Mb upload

i want to use Link aggregation by the box from my provider not support it

Very vague.

What is coming out of the wall and the box?

Fiber or a single Copper Ethernet (what would be at least a 2.5 G MultiGig port then)?

@Boomer67 wrote:

i also buy a Asus RT-AX88U

A 3rd party router supporting a WAN LAG with dynamic LACP based on two Gigabit Ethernet ports.

@Boomer67 wrote:

i think to buy GC110P  because it support it

i know all the thing about configuration of VLAN but I need to know if GC110P support the SFP form my ISP and can keep the 1,5 Gb power?

In the first iteration, VLAN config (what might be required for picking out the access for IPTV and VoIP adapters) is not the question.

Yur ISP does provide more bandwidth (at lest downstream) of what a single Gigabit Ethernet can handle - and in a way you intend to bring this ISP provided single port link to a LAG supporting dynamic LACP. 

Can't see on how a GC110P (or any other pure Gigabit Switch) can fit: The GC110P does neither have a single channel able to handle more than Gigabit Ethernet (1 Gb/s in each direction, full duplex) not in case you talk of copper an SFP port (again GbE in each direction, full duplex) and neither an SFP+ port which might be able to handle more bandwidth than one Gb/s.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements