× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GC728X device token

Blarocjr84
Follower

GC728X device token

Ive been going at this for months now and still to this day, no one at Netgear has been able to figure out whats going on. After my free 1yr of insight, i have not been able to purchase a device token to then be able to use ALL and i mean ALL the features of my switch. Its basically an expensive switch that i can do nothing with since i can not access any of the features. Everytime i go to the website to purchase a device token, their billing website keeps giving me errors and i get notified by my card company that Netgear charged my card $0.00

Any input would be appreciated, thank you!

Model: GC728X|Insight Managed 28-Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Cloud Switch with 2 SFP and 2 SFP+ Fiber Ports
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: GC728X device token

@Blarocjr84 wrote:

Ive been going at this for months now and still to this day, no one at Netgear has been able to figure out whats going on.

Hard to imagine.

@Blarocjr84 wrote:

After my free 1yr of insight, i have not been able to purchase a device token to then be able to use ALL and i mean ALL the features of my switch. Its basically an expensive switch that i can do nothing with since i can not access any of the features.

What features are not missing or not available exactly please?

@Blarocjr84 wrote:

Everytime i go to the website to purchase a device token, ...

Wondering about the wording or naming of what you might be behind. Netgear does not sell device tokens of any kind. Netgear does offer Insight Premium or Insight Pro subscriptions. Where have you spotted any indication or hints about a "device token"?

@Blarocjr84 wrote:

..., their billing website keeps giving me errors ...

From which country are you trying to buy an Insight subscription?

"giving me errors" is not the most useful problem description. Tell us more.

Possible reasons can be browser, security software, proxy configuration, host configuration, active hide-my-butt-VPNs, effective issues on the Netgear and the payment system, and many more I could think of.

Hard to help. Crystal ball is not available.  

@Blarocjr84 wrote:

... and i get notified by my card company that Netgear charged my card $0.00

At least this could - to some level - indicate you really try to pay something to Netgear. 

But I admit - I'm just yet another Netgear customer here.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements