× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GC752XP trunking to a phone with voice and data VLANs

bobscrew
Follower

GC752XP trunking to a phone with voice and data VLANs

Hi

I am installing a Netgear GC752XP in to an office, together with 15 Yealink phones. There will be two subnets:

Existing:               192.168.190.0/24             Data (default VLAN 1)

New:                    10.0.0.0/24                        Voice via a separate gateway

The Data network routes out to the internet using a default gateway of 192.168.190.9 (an IP on the other end of a leased line to another site). There is a DHCP server for this network. Because the routing for data is at the other site, there is no on-premise router for data.

The voice network will route out to a voice provider via their router. This router provides DHCP for the 10.0.0.0 network; the gateway is 10.0.0.254.

The phones have a built-in Network switch and the PC connection is used for a PC (actually a thin-client terminal).

If I were using a Cisco switch , I’d know how to set this up. Cisco has a feature whereby the switchport used for he phone can be configured like this example:

interface FastEthernet0/2

switchport mode trunk

switchport trunk native vlan 1

switchport voice vlan 10

I’d like the phones to Autodiscover the voice DHCP server for the phone service – and for the PC to find the data dhcp server.

I’d like to use the two 1Gb SFP ports of the switch for the two upstream providers (will I need some static routing?)

I have found a Netgear document about Voice VLANs but that assumes an access port with PVID for Voice VLAN and that other ports are used for data.

Attached is a network sketch. I’d be very grateful for some suggestions. Thank you!

Model: GC752XP|Insight Managed 52-Port Gigabit PoE+ Ethernet Smart Cloud Switch with 2 SFP and 2 SFP+ 10G Fiber Ports
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements