× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS108Tv3 / GS110TPv3 / GS110TPP - Can you turn On / Off IEEE 802.3az support?

hundoman
Aspirant

GS108Tv3 / GS110TPv3 / GS110TPP - Can you turn On / Off IEEE 802.3az support?

Hello I am a longtime user and fan of Netgear switches and have bought/specified hundreds of them over the years.

I can't find in any Netgear manual if following family of switches

GS108Tv3
GS110TPv3
GS110TPP

has the ability to turn On or Off the IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) support.

For running Dante traffic I can't have EEE running on the switch.

Looking at the Netgear provided manual on this family of switches but and I can't see anywhere about turning this EEE support On or Off like I can on the Netgear GS728TPV2 model.

thx in advance.

Model: GS110TPP|8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 Copper Ports and Cloud Management
Message 1 of 3
hundoman
Aspirant

Re: GS108Tv3 / GS110TPv3 / GS110TPP - Can you turn On / Off IEEE 802.3az support?

Ok I found the answer I was looking for in another thread.

community.netgear.com/t5/Smart-Plus-and-Smart-Pro-Managed/Switch-WITHOUT-802-3az/m-p/1956787#M16291

The complete "user manual" link for this product family of switches is shown below rather than the "hardware installation guide" manual I was looking at earlier.

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/GS108Tv3/GS108Tv3_GS110TPv3_GS110TPP_UM_EN.pdf

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS108Tv3 / GS110TPv3 / GS110TPP - Can you turn On / Off IEEE 802.3az support?

@hundoman wrote:

I can't find in any Netgear manual if following family of switches

GS108Tv3
GS110TPv3
GS110TPP

has the ability to turn On or Off the IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) support.

Looking at the Netgear provided manual on this family of switches but and I can't see anywhere about turning this EEE support On or Off like I can on the Netgear GS728TPV2 model.

Look again 8-) 8-Port Gigabit (PoE+) Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with (2 SFP Ports and) Cloud Management Mode... - p.94/95 "Configure the global green Ethernet settings" and further on "8. Select the EEE Mode Disable or Enable radio button."

@hundoman wrote:

For running Dante traffic I can't have EEE running on the switch.

There is more required than just disabling EEE - this EEE something Audionate should get under control in the Dante environment - it's an industry standard for many good reasons.

Strongly advise looking into the AV over IP switches for Dante and similar applications.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements