× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Gc510pp not connecting in insight

jddaniels
Aspirant

Gc510pp not connecting in insight

I just recently purchased a gc510pp and when setting it up it is not pulling any IP address. If I plug it into my xr500 and then plug my computer into the switch I can connect to internet but when I go to insight it is still stuck on waiting for first connect. I have tried a different cable, resetting the switch, and tried finding the default IP address. The switch does not show up when using the switch discovery tool either
Model: GC510PP|8-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ High-Power App Managed Smart Cloud Switch w/2 SFP Fiber Ports
Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: Gc510pp not connecting in insight

@jddaniels wrote:
I just recently purchased a gc510pp and when setting it up it is not pulling any IP address. If I plug it into my xr500 and then plug my computer into the switch I can connect to internet but when I go to insight it is still stuck on waiting for first connect. I have tried a different cable, resetting the switch, and tried finding the default IP address. 

Is this a factor-new unit, or a pre-used device?

Something worth trying is to put a computer with an adapter into the 192.168.0.x/24 subnet, something like 192.168.0.123 255.255.255.0, and try to reach the switch on its default IP 192.168.0.239  

Edit: Another point:Does the XR500 has some security configured, like issuing DHCP IP configs or Internet access to trusted/allowed MAC addresses only?

@jddaniels wrote:
The switch does not show up when using the switch discovery tool either

AFAIK the GC Insight Managed Switches are not discoverable by the NSDT, indeed.

Message 2 of 5
jddaniels
Aspirant

So I am able to access it that way and I found it on my network but it is pulling just a private ip address and not connecting to the cloud

Message 3 of 5
jddaniels
Aspirant

I do notice that when i log into the switch it shows cloud agent disabled.

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Change the mode on the switch from local to cloud management.

Rationale: Initially the first Insight Cloud Managed switches (GC models) as well as the later added cloud manageable models (by a simple firmware update or updated model versions adding more resources) always attempted to connect to the Insight Cloud. After complaints on a "calling home" mechanism - in fact implemented for an easy start only this default was changed to local and a local management action is required for Insight discovery over the cloud.
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements