× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to disable "Notice This device is currently set to be managed through the local browser" NOTICE

dan235
Guide

How to disable "Notice This device is currently set to be managed through the local browser" NOTICE

Every time i log into the switch i get this extremely annoying notice.....   is there a way to turn it off? I have no intention of ever using the Insight Cloud Portal.

Model: GS110TPP|8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 Copper Ports and Cloud Management
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
dan235
Guide

Re: How to disable "Notice This device is currently set to be managed through the local browser

To anyone else having this issue, use an adblocker with a custom rule.

Netgear please consider giving people the choice if disabling the banner.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: How to disable "Notice This device is currently set to be managed through the local browser" ...

@dan235,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

I inquired about this notification and this is working as design. NETGEAR has no plans on removing or putting a disable button for this banner.

Please close the thread by clicking the "Accept as solution".

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
dan235
Guide

Re: How to disable "Notice This device is currently set to be managed through the local browser

To anyone else having this issue, use an adblocker with a custom rule.

Netgear please consider giving people the choice if disabling the banner.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements