× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Infinite reboots - temperature sensor abnormal - GC108PP

Infinite reboots - temperature sensor abnormal - GC108PP

Dear Community,

I'm reading and learning for years the netgear community, this time I have an issue that is not solvable where I need your help.

I received today a brand new GC108PP. The switch does work for a couple of minutes and then automatically reboots.

Software Version: 1.0.0.20

Boot Version: 1.0.0.3

If I'm lucky, I'm able to access the web interface in that very limited time window. The monitoring memory log shows the following error:

REBOOT-0-TEMPERATURE polld.c(1001) %% System has been rebooted due to abnormal temperature.

The temperature sensor on the system's page shows 34 degrees celsius, the unit itself feels very cold, ambient temperature around 25 degrees celsius. I tried to upgrade to 1.0.0.26 (newest firmware), but the device always reboots before the file upload finishes.

Does anyone of you have a clue? Temperature sensor failure (HW) or software bug? Any similar experiences?

All the best,

Aristo

Model: GC108PP|Insight Managed 8-port Gigabit Ethernet High-Power PoE+ Smart Cloud Switch with FlexPoE Power
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

Dear all,

I got a confirmation from the official netgear support that the switch is a defective unit. I already got a free exchange and am very happy with the new, new working GC108PP.

Best regards,

Aristo

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Operating other Netgear Insight [and many more] switch models in similar conditions - no GC108PP however.

Firmware is current - v1.0.0.26 as of writing?

Factory reset does not mitigate?

Get in touch with the Netgear customer service via the GC108PP — Insight Managed 8-port Gigabit Ethernet High-Power PoE+ Smart Cloud Switch with FlexPoE Po... -> [Guided Assistance]

@YeZ any idea what is going wrong with the OP GC108PP switch?

Message 2 of 4

Hello

Thanks for your answer. Factory reset does not mitigate and upgrade to latest firmware is not possible as described. In the meanwhile, I opened an official support case. I‘ll keep you posted on the outcome.

Best,
Aristo
Message 3 of 4

Dear all,

I got a confirmation from the official netgear support that the switch is a defective unit. I already got a free exchange and am very happy with the new, new working GC108PP.

Best regards,

Aristo

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements