× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MS510TXUP Issue with creating Guest Network VLAN with Insight app

MS510TXUP Issue with creating Guest Network VLAN with Insight app

I have a MS510TXUP connected to 2 WAX630E access points.  I want to create a guest network.  My topology is as follows:

AT&T Gateway (IP Passthrough) -> Firewall appliance (OPNSense) with 2.5G ports ->MS510TXUP (uplinked via port 5) -> WAX630E ports 1 & 2 -> TP-Link 1G switch (uplinked via port 8 on MS510TXUP)

Netgear chat support has referred me to this link which seems outdated.  The steps do not match what I am seeing in app.  I perform the following steps:

1.) Open Insight app, choose MS510TXUP switch.

2.) Choose VLANs in use.

3.) Choose "+" in upper right corner.

4.) Create VLAN/Network Setup: choose Continue. (see screenshot)

IMG_0161.PNG

5.) Configure Network: Create network name (Guest Network) -> Network Type: Data Network -> VLAN Name: (Guest) -> VLAN ID: (8)

6.) Wired Settings: Port Members (1, 2, 5, 8 as described above) -> choose Trunk Port.

7.) Wireless Settings: choose Add New WiFi (SSID).

8. VLAN IP Configuration: Choosing DHCP or Static produces the following (see screenshot)

IMG_0162.PNG

If I Skip or Continue, it will create the VLAN but it is not accessible (because there is no routing mode?).  What am I doing wrong here?

Message 1 of 2
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: MS510TXUP Issue with creating Guest Network VLAN with Insight app

@diehardbattery1 

The images you have posted will be visible in a couple of days. In the meantime, please, explain how you’ve prepared your OPNsense for that. Have you created VLAN 8 there, too, and set up an IP interface in it? Have you enabled a DHCP server in VLAN 8? Have you made the port that is used to connect to the switch a trunk port?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements