× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: can't login to switch GS110TPP using netgear account

itbyv
Initiate

can't login to switch GS110TPP using netgear account

Hi! I have 8 switches in 8 different locations for the same client. All 8 switches were registered with a netgear login. Right now- I am unable to log into any of the switches. On the local network- accessing the switch by browser using its IP address- the only login option is to use the netgear online account. I under the username/password and it takes me a MFA screen (sends me a code to my cell) and after I enter it it throws an error message: Serial number already registered. Then it kicks me back to the login screen. 

Anyone have any suggestions besides driving around to 8 different cities and manually resetting the switches?!

Model: GS110TPP|8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 Copper Ports and Cloud Management
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
itbyv
Initiate

Upgrading the switch's firmware using Smart Control Center worked! I can now access the switch without the insight account using a local password. Here is the link: https://kb.netgear.com/24699/How-do-I-use-the-Smart-Control-Center-to-upgrade-the-firmware-of-a-smar...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@itbyv,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Found out that you have already contacted NETGEAR Support and got a support ticket opened.  You may want to share here the progress of your support ticket.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
itbyv
Initiate

Upgrading the switch's firmware using Smart Control Center worked! I can now access the switch without the insight account using a local password. Here is the link: https://kb.netgear.com/24699/How-do-I-use-the-Smart-Control-Center-to-upgrade-the-firmware-of-a-smar...

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements